Sunday, January 23, 2011

quilt top done

Each block is different and they are all improvised. I just played around with bits of fabric until I came up with an arrangement I liked, sewing up one or two a day and all the while hoping it would look good when I put everything together.

This morning I arranged the blocks and began assembly. When it was done I realized I'd unwittingly created something of a pattern with the placement of the blocks. The ones with orange form one diagonal line, while the blocks with blue are around the edges.

I am pleased with how it looks. And my corners match up! Success.

It seemed to go by so quickly, the piecing of this little quilt, and I look forward to finding the time to make the back before my batting arrives from England.

No comments:

Post a Comment