Wednesday, February 2, 2011
cars and rockets
And the stars aligned so it could be finished.
Size: 135 cm square (slightly over 53 inches)
Time it took: about a month
Number of times I had to read the instructions for continuous bias binding: 100
Number of times I scratched my head and wondered if it would actually work: 99
Number of times I inspected the binding I'd attached, realized it looked like crap, but decided to leave it anyway: 1
The cars and rockets and the citron and blue dots are all Birch organic cotton. I ended up throwing in some orange from my small (but rapidly growing) stash to add a little warmth.
The batting is cotton too, and I will never go back to synthetic batting after discovering the joy that is cotton.
The back is a yard of Kona tangerine, pieced with some white, a few squares of robots and rockets, plus few small scraps.
The binding is blue Truck Stop dots.
Except for the shoddy binding, it's not too bad.
At the start, it was meant to be a quilt for my five-year-old, but about halfway through he decided he wanted to share with his little brother and so I made it out to them both. Hopefully they won't notice the mistakes.